Promontory Interfinancial Network's development team is a cutting edge organization that embraces the best practices of leading technology companies, including DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Scrum. We use the latest tools to support automated testing, push-button deployments, and infrastructure as code. We are active sponsors in the local technology Meetup groups in order to ensure that our staff stays up to date on the latest technologies.
You would be a key member of our IT development team, which is responsible for the definition and development of internal and external business applications. Your primary role will be to support new services and products, as well as the diverse needs of a growing network of customers. Working with both the development and operations teams, you will help define the tools and strategies used by IT to foster a culture that embraces automation and DevOps processes. At Promontory Interfinancial Network, you can have a challenging, impactful career. We combine the attractive traits of a smaller company (e.g., a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where “the sky’s the limit”) with the sought-after resources and funding of a much larger company—and add an open culture that’s filled with high energy, intellectual challenge, and lots of fun.
You should possess the experience and qualifications to perform core responsibilities, such as:
- Serve as a liaison between the business and technical teams and perform requirements-analysis activities.
- Leverage commercial or custom software to develop solutions to grow our businesses and facilitate participation in our services.
- Independently complete functional analysis for new features; document functional and system requirements. Produce supporting artifacts including, user stories and acceptance criteria, story maps, data flows, process flows, etc.
- Indendently create designs of solutions or facilitate activities with a technical team to design solutions to complex business challenges.
- Usher feature development from inception to release. Continually engaged in the development process. Be able to answer questions, provide detail, address changes to requirements, and facilitate dialog across teams when issues and challenges are encountered to ensure the end product is delivered as specified.
- Be able to operate across multiple projects simultaneously, and perform a variety of tasks from addressing production issues to designing new applications.
What qualifications are required?
- Experience: Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum. Ability to independently create user stories, manage a product backlog, and ensure that regular backlog grooming is effectively performed. A Business Analyst at Promontory is truly a Solution Architect and must be able to define technical solutions to complex business challenges.
- Abilities: Exceptional written and oral skills sufficient to communicate effectively with nontechnical and technical business clients and team. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Outstanding customer and interpersonal skills. Proactive. Self directed. Able to work independently or with a group of people as the situation requires.
- Technical Skills: Strong skills with writing SQL queries required; experience with Oracle desired. Experience with Atlassian products helpful. Hands-on experience with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint. Previous hands on development and/or QA experience a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation in employment of the provision of services.
About Promontory Interfinancial Network
Promontory Interfinancial Network is an industry-leading provider and innovator of financial technology solutions for banks. Its services are used by thousands of banks across the United States to enhance customer value and overall profitability.
Information Technology Teams
The company's IT teams work in an agile development environment that seeks to create innovative technology solutions that solve big business challenges.
Information Technology teams include:
- Corporate Infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, commuter)
- 401k matching
- Paid training opportunities
- Generous vacation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Monthly company birthday parties
- Free gym and locker rooms in the building
Plus Fresh Fruit Mondays, Bagel Wednesdays, Sweet Treat Fridays, and much more...