Role: Java Developer
Team: Applications Development
What is the role?
You would be a key member of our Application Development Team, solving complex and unique business challenges in an Agile environment. We are looking for well-rounded developers who are eager to mature/evolve/progress/learn/contribute across the application stack to support the needs of the team and are willing to tackle new challenges despite preferred languages and implementations. Being a member of the team also affords you the opportunity to advance your professional and technical knowledge through conferences, publications, professional networks, and meetups.
You should possess the experience and qualifications to perform these core responsibilities:
- Design and develop high-performing software solutions utilizing the latest technologies and industry best practices.
- Work as part of a very mature Agile development team that benefits from a collaborative approach to developing software through short iterations.
- Help Promontory achieve their continuous improvement goals of 80% automated test coverage, 100% code-based infrastructure that is rebuilt with every deployment, and anytime automated deployments.
- Contribute to the expansion of Promontory’s DevOps and DevSec practices to make all applications resilient, visible, and secure.
- Employ a Design Thinking approach which emphasizes a customer-centric design to ensure that applications are developed to meet real human needs.
- Continue to develop your breadth and depth of Java technologies by attending conferences, prototyping new technologies, and taking time to explore new areas of interest.
What does application development look like at Promontory?
This is what our application stack looks like today as we constantly evaluate and adopt new technologies to meet our next challenge:
- Front End – Bootstrap and Java-based UI frameworks
- Middle Tier – Service-based utilizing J2EE technologies
- Back End – Java Persistence API, JDBC
- Productivity Tools – Jenkins, Artifactory, JIRA, Confluence
- Infrastructure Tools – Puppet, VMWare, Docker
What qualifications are necessary to succeed in the job?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely-related field and at least 5 years of relevant experience as a Software Developer, Systems Analyst, or related position; or, a Master’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in J2EE/Java applications and database solutions development, ideally in an environment that valued code quality and testability.
- Self-directed and results-oriented with an ability to articulate concepts and designs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a drive to investigate and evaluate new technologies as they relate to improving the enterprise architecture and applications.
About Promontory Interfinancial Network
Promontory Interfinancial Network is an industry-leading provider and innovator of financial technology solutions for banks. Its services are used by thousands of banks across the United States to enhance customer value and overall profitability.
Information Technology Teams
The company's IT teams work in an agile development environment that seeks to create innovative technology solutions that solve big business challenges.
Information Technology teams include:
- Corporate Infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, commuter)
- 401k matching
- Paid training opportunities
- Generous vacation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Monthly company birthday parties
- Free gym and locker rooms in the building
Plus Fresh Fruit Mondays, Bagel Wednesdays, Sweet Treat Fridays, and much more...