Open Position: Business Analyst (IND)
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, IntraFi Network (formerly Promontory Interfinancial Network) – the nation’s largest deposit allocation service provider and the inventor of reciprocal deposits – provides dynamic, all-weather balance sheet and liquidity management solutions to help financial institutions grow franchise value. The company, chosen by thousands of banks since its founding nearly two decades ago, has assembled the largest bank network of its kind. Its solutions help institutions to acquire high-value, local relationships; purchase funding; and reduce collateralization costs.
At IntraFi Network, you can have a challenging, impactful career. We prosper by working hard in an open and creative environment. Our efforts to create and maintain a culture that values our people have led us to be designated among the top fintech companies to work for by American Banker. IntraFi Network has also been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces and the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Our company is also recognized among Fortune’s lists of Best Workplaces—Small & Medium Businesses and Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance.
What is the role?
Your primary role will be to manage the IND business intelligence framework and facilitate the development of new internal services and capabilities that will help the IND team meet the diverse needs of a growing business operation. Working with both the development and operations teams, you will help define the tools and strategies used by IT to foster a culture that embraces automation and DevOps processes. You should possess the experience and qualifications to perform core responsibilities, such as:
- Work with top talent in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where automation and technical craftsmanship are a top priority.
- Leverage commercial or custom software to develop solutions that grow our businesses and facilitate participation in our services.
- Take responsibility for the overall application development lifecycle, including ensuring that project deliverables meet or exceed IntraFi’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Collaborate with Development Team managers to ensure high-quality software is developed and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Facilitate gathering business requirements from project stakeholders.
- Partner with and support IntraFi’s Operations, Security, and Corporate IT teams to ensure that overall strategic goals are achieved and a highly collaborative culture of continuous improvement is demonstrated.
- Seamlessly work across division lines to meet the needs of internal IND clients’ needs.
- Independently complete functional analysis for new features; document functional and system requirements; and produce supporting artifacts, including user stories and acceptance criteria, story maps, data flows, process flows, etc.
- Solve complex business challenges independently or cooperatively either by creating solution designs or facilitating activities with a technical team.
- Usher feature development from inception to release, continually engaging in the development process. Be able to answer questions, provide details, address changes to requirements, and facilitate dialog across teams when issues and challenges are encountered to ensure the end product is delivered as specified.
- Operate across multiple projects simultaneously and perform a variety of tasks, from addressing production issues to designing new applications.
- Participate in IntraFi Network’s IT architectural direction in a management and, when required, hands-on capacity.
What qualifications are required?
- Experience: Extensive experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum. Ability to independently create user stories, manage a product backlog, and ensure that regular backlog grooming is effectively performed. Extensive experience with data management, analytics, and business intelligence capabilities. Background converting data into high-impact analytical results in support of business partners and monitoring and improving performance.
- Abilities: Exceptional written and oral skills sufficient to communicate effectively with both nontechnical and technical business clients and teams. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Outstanding customer and interpersonal skills. Polished project management skills. Proactive. Self-directed. Capacity to manage a cross-functional team of varied technical skill sets and to work independently or collaboratively within a group as the situation requires.
- Technical Skills: Strong skills with writing SQL queries required; experience with relational databases desired. Experience with Agile development tools helpful. Hands-on experience with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint. Experience using business analytics technologies.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. MBA desired.
IntraFi Network LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation in employment of the provision of services.
About IntraFi Network
IntraFi Network is an industry-leading provider and innovator of financial technology solutions for banks. Its services are used by thousands of banks across the United States to enhance customer value and overall profitability.
Information Technology Teams
The company's IT teams work in an agile development environment that seeks to create innovative technology solutions that solve big business challenges.
Information Technology teams include:
- Corporate Infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, commuter)
- 401k matching
- Paid training opportunities
- Generous vacation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Monthly company birthday parties
- Free gym and locker rooms in the building
Plus Breakfast Mondays, Bagel Wednesdays, Sweet Treat Fridays, and much more...