Open Position: Cloud Engineer
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Promontory Interfinancial Network – the nation’s largest deposit allocation service provider and the inventor of reciprocal deposits – provides dynamic, all-weather balance sheet and liquidity management solutions to help financial institutions grow franchise value. The company, chosen by thousands of banks since its founding nearly two decades ago, has assembled the largest bank network of its kind. Its solutions help institutions to acquire high-value, local relationships; purchase funding; and reduce collateralization costs.
At Promontory Interfinancial Network, we prosper by working hard in an open and creative environment. Our efforts to create and maintain a culture that values our people have led us to be designated among the top fintech companies to work for by American Banker. Promontory Network has also been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces and the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Our company is also recognized among Fortune’s lists of Best Workplaces—Small & Medium Businesses and Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance.
What is the role?
You will be a key member of our IT Operations team responsible for providing the company with the highest standards in infrastructure and operations management. Your primary responsibility will be to assist in establishing the architecture, engineering, and operations management of the company’s cloud-based infrastructure through collaboration with other teams within the IT organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing cloud infrastructure architecture options for the company’s products and corporate systems
- Researching and implementing best practices derived from industry experiences and standards
- Facilitating and leading cross-functional teams to define, document, and implement cloud migration plans that take products through milestone architectures to their final, in-cloud architecture
- Further developing subject matter expertise in cloud architecture and technologies to support initiatives across the company
- Ensuring the operational status of our hybrid cloud infrastructure during migration to the cloud infrastructure
- Designing and implementing cloud service solutions to enable easier cloud adoption for product teams
- Managing identity and access management solutions for the cloud infrastructure
- Refining cloud governance and compliance standards to ensure the security and auditability of the infrastructure platform
- Collaborating with other IT teams to design and develop automation as the main method of managing the cloud infrastructure
- Learning, understanding, and assisting with the operational management of the existing on-premises applications and infrastructure
You should possess the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- 8+ years of progressive systems infrastructure and cloud experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience designing, deploying, and supporting cloud technologies using AWS and Azure
- An infectious sense of exploration and experimentation, allowing you to learn new technologies quickly
- The ability to create standards and procedures for the production use of sufficiently mature technologies
- An understanding of and experience in the areas of traditional IT systems and network management
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills directed to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Outstanding interpersonal skills for listening to the input and needs of clients and building consensus among the team
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills with the ability to demonstrate mature, timely, and professional problem-solving abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative and be customer-focused, self-directed, and results/goal-oriented
Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation in employment of the provision of services.
About Promontory Interfinancial Network
Promontory Interfinancial Network is an industry-leading provider and innovator of financial technology solutions for banks. Its services are used by thousands of banks across the United States to enhance customer value and overall profitability.
Information Technology Teams
The company's IT teams work in an agile development environment that seeks to create innovative technology solutions that solve big business challenges.
Information Technology teams include:
- Corporate Infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, commuter)
- 401k matching
- Paid training opportunities
- Generous vacation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Monthly company birthday parties
- Free gym and locker rooms in the building
Plus Breakfast Mondays, Bagel Wednesdays, Sweet Treat Fridays, and much more...