Open Position: Data Engineer
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, IntraFi Network (formerly Promontory Interfinancial Network) – the nation’s largest deposit allocation service provider and the inventor of reciprocal deposits – provides dynamic, all-weather balance sheet and liquidity management solutions to help financial institutions grow franchise value. The company, chosen by thousands of banks since its founding nearly two decades ago, has assembled the largest bank network of its kind. Its solutions help institutions to acquire high-value, local relationships; purchase funding; and reduce collateralization costs.
At IntraFi Network, we prosper by working hard in an open and creative environment. Our efforts to create and maintain a culture that values our people have led us to be designated among the top fintech companies to work for by American Banker. Promontory Network has also been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces and the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Our company is also recognized among Fortune’s lists of Best Workplaces—Small & Medium Businesses and Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance.
What is the role?
You will be a key member of our IT Data Engineering team responsible for providing the company with the accurate and timely data gathered from our business processes and external sources. Your primary responsibility will be to assist in establishing the security, architecture, engineering, operations, and governance of the company’s data pipelines, data stores, and associated cloud-based infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing cloud-infrastructure architecture options for the company’s data pipelines and stores
- Researching and implementing best practices derived from industry experiences and standards
- Facilitating and leading cross-functional teams to define, expand, document, and implement the company's data lake resources
- Further developing subject matter expertise in data and cloud architecture and technologies to support initiatives across the company
- Managing identity and access-management solutions for the cloud infrastructure
- Refining data-governance and compliance standards to ensure the security and auditability of the data platform
- Learning, understanding, and assisting with the operational management of the existing on-premises data applications and infrastructure
You should possess the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- 3+ years of progressive systems-infrastructure and cloud experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure-as-code or software-development experience; Python and Java experience are preferred
- 3+ years of ETL and data-pipeline experience using tools such as Talend, Airflow, SSIS, and AWS Glue
- 3+ years of database experience, including database administration, database queries, and data modelling
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience; master’s degree is preferred
- Experience designing, deploying, and supporting cloud technologies using AWS with expertise in AWS storage, security, data lake, database, and serverless compute tools
- An infectious sense of exploration and experimentation, allowing you to learn new technologies quickly
- The ability to create standards and procedures for the production use of sufficiently mature technologies
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills directed to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Outstanding interpersonal skills for listening to the input and needs of clients and building consensus among the team
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project-management skills with the ability to demonstrate mature, timely, professional problem-solving abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative and be customer-focused, self-directed, and results/goal-oriented
If interested, please Apply.
IntraFi Network LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation in employment of the provision of services.
About IntraFi Network
IntraFi Network is an industry-leading provider and innovator of financial technology solutions for banks. Its services are used by thousands of banks across the United States to enhance customer value and overall profitability.
Information Technology Teams
The company's IT teams work in an agile development environment that seeks to create innovative technology solutions that solve big business challenges.
Information Technology teams include:
- Corporate Infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, commuter)
- 401k matching
- Paid training opportunities
- Generous vacation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Monthly company birthday parties
- Free gym and locker rooms in the building
Plus Breakfast Mondays, Bagel Wednesdays, Sweet Treat Fridays, and much more...