Open Position: Senior Business Analyst
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Promontory Interfinancial Network – the nation’s largest deposit allocation service provider and the inventor of reciprocal deposits – provides dynamic, all-weather balance sheet and liquidity management solutions to help financial institutions grow franchise value. The company, chosen by thousands of banks since its founding nearly two decades ago, has assembled the largest bank network of its kind. Its solutions help institutions to acquire high-value, local relationships; purchase funding; and reduce collateralization costs.
At Promontory Interfinancial Network, we prosper by working hard in an open and creative environment. Our efforts to create and maintain a culture that values our people have led us to be designated among the top fintech companies to work for by American Banker. Promontory Network has also been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces and the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Our company is also recognized among Fortune’s lists of Best Workplaces—Small & Medium Businesses and Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance.
What is the role?
You would be a key member of our IT development team, which is responsible for the definition and development of internal and external business applications. Your primary role will be to manage the analysis and oversee the facilitation required to develop new services and products, as well as meeting the diverse needs of a growing network of customers. You will also be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of these services and products, including post-production support and triage. Working with both the development and operations teams, you will help define the tools and strategies used by IT to foster a culture that embraces automation and DevOps processes. At Promontory Network, you can have a challenging, impactful career. You should possess the experience and qualifications to perform core responsibilities, such as:
- Work with top talent in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where automation and technical craftsmanship are a top priority.
- Exhibit strong leadership abilities - inspire, motivate, and provide coaching as appropriate.
- Triage and lead support for pre- and post-production release issues, which may include defect resolution, emergency enhancement requests, and data patching.
- Write and review database patches, scripts, and queries to answer business inquiries, facilitate data-driven decisions, and resolve incidents.
- Take responsibility for the overall application development lifecycle, including ensuring that project deliverables meet or exceed company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Collaborate with Development Team managers to ensure high-quality software is designed, developed, and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Partner with and support the Operations, Security, and Corporate IT teams to ensure that overall strategic goals are achieved and a highly collaborative culture of continuous improvement is constantly demonstrated.
- Independently complete functional analysis for new features; document functional and system requirements; and produce supporting artifacts, including user stories and acceptance criteria, story maps, data flows, process flows, etc.
- Usher feature development from inception to release. Continually engage in the development process. Be able to answer questions, provide detail, address changes to requirements, and facilitate dialog across teams when issues and challenges are encountered to ensure the end product is delivered as specified.
- Be able to operate across multiple projects simultaneously and perform a variety of tasks from addressing production issues to designing new applications.
What qualifications are required?
- Experience: Extensive experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum. Ability to independently create user stories, manage a product backlog, and ensure that regular backlog grooming is effectively performed. Experience querying databases, using Excel for data analysis, and writing basic SQL scripts. Demonstrated leadership during production support, production releases, and/or user testing cycles.
- Abilities: Exceptional written and oral skills sufficient to communicate effectively with nontechnical and technical business clients and team. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Outstanding customer and interpersonal skills. Proactive. Self-directed. Able to manage a cross-functional team of varied technical skill sets. Work independently or within a group of people as the situation requires.
- Technical Skills: Strong skills with writing SQL queries required; experience with Oracle desired. Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and willingness to learn related technologies is helpful. Hands-on experience with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint. Five+ years of experience in computer programming or related technologies.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferred expertise in Economics, Finance, and/or Computer Science.
How do I apply?
Don’t just settle for a job, explore our career opportunity.
Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation in employment of the provision of services
About Promontory Interfinancial Network
Promontory Interfinancial Network is an industry-leading provider and innovator of financial technology solutions for banks. Its services are used by thousands of banks across the United States to enhance customer value and overall profitability.
Information Technology Teams
The company's IT teams work in an agile development environment that seeks to create innovative technology solutions that solve big business challenges.
Information Technology teams include:
- Corporate Infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, commuter)
- 401k matching
- Paid training opportunities
- Generous vacation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Monthly company birthday parties
- Free gym and locker rooms in the building
Plus Breakfast Mondays, Bagel Wednesdays, Sweet Treat Fridays, and much more...