Open Position: Senior Software Engineer
What is the role?
You would be a key member of our Application Development Team, solving complex and unique business challenges with forward-looking architectures in a collaborative Agile environment. You would be leading a team of engineers with a broad range of skills to develop new products, modernize existing systems, and support our customers using new and traditional technologies, such as Java, Groovy, REST, JSON, AWS/cloud, queues, JBoss/Thorntail, Ansible, Jenkins, and numerous web frameworks, including Angular JS and JSF.
You should possess the experience and qualifications to perform these core responsibilities:
- Working with and across multiple Agile teams to oversee design, development, testing, deployment, and support of technology solutions.
- Demonstrate capabilities in people management, including mentorship, professional development, and facilitation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in our core technologies, such as Java, database, and AWS technologies.
- Develop and evangelize best practices in line with current trends and technologies with consideration for our existing policies and procedures.
- Have a security-first mindset that is contagious throughout your team.
- Champion new technology and innovation, while keeping existing systems up-to-date and secure.
- Provide and coordinate production support for applications, both on-premise and in the cloud, across your area of responsibility.
- Proactively monitor project activities to ensure that all deliverables are provided on time, within budget, and in accordance with Promontory Network’s quality standards.
- Collaborate with IT Operations to identify requirements for environments and tools needed to support the timely migration and operation of application solutions.
What qualifications are required?
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 8 years of experience as a Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, or related position. Experience with Java-related technologies and AWS is preferred.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience managing software engineering or technical teams with a production deployment focus, preferably operated within an automated continuous delivery model.
- Requires at least 3 years of experience in people management, including continuous feedback, professional development, and performance management.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask within tight deadlines; be self-directed and results/goal oriented.
- Must have the drive to investigate new technologies and the ability to articulate concepts and designs.
Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation in employment of the provision of services.
About Promontory Interfinancial Network
Promontory Interfinancial Network is an industry-leading provider and innovator of financial technology solutions for banks. Its services are used by thousands of banks across the United States to enhance customer value and overall profitability.
Information Technology Teams
The company's IT teams work in an agile development environment that seeks to create innovative technology solutions that solve big business challenges.
Information Technology teams include:
- Corporate Infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, commuter)
- 401k matching
- Paid training opportunities
- Generous vacation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Monthly company birthday parties
- Free gym and locker rooms in the building
Plus Breakfast Mondays, Bagel Wednesdays, Sweet Treat Fridays, and much more...